My Goal Here Is:
My plan and desire is to help you reach your goals with a weight loss plan that leads to a healthier lifestyle. A plan that will end your bad habits and help you maintain progress until you have successfully completed your weight loss journey.
It’s never easy to lose weight. Everyone knows that. I myself have struggled to lose weight for many, many, years. I began to gain some weight when I moved to Chicago in 1999. I was in my early 50’s, and I guess my metabolism was beginning to slow down, as happens to everyone as they age. Combine that with the fact that I had just moved to Chicago for a job opportunity and haven’t lived in a large city for many years. I worked and lived downtown and did walk to work, but that was not enough movement to help me keep the weight off.
I could not afford a downtown gym, as the monthly rates were very high and I could not afford that. I had been an avid racquetball player in the 80’s and 90’s but it was getting harder and harder to find someone to play with, as well as, a club to play at that I could afford. Even though I walked to work every day and walked home again, that was only about 2 miles a day, and again, not enough to burn enough calories to keep off the weight that was slowly creeping on me.
Along with all that, the winters are very harsh in Chicago, and the restaurants were so awesome and prolific that it was very hard to stay on any diet. Some of the best restaurants in the world are located in Chicago, and working downtown, we had many meetings at these restaurants. Again, very difficult to keep focused on a diet plan.
I have tried just about every single diet program, gimmick, and supplement known to man! (Or woman)! I watched Dr. Oz religiously, when I could, to find out the newest and greatest weight loss supplement to make the journey to weight loss easier for me.
It doesn’t matter why you are trying to lose weight since there are so many reasons to do so: to feel more confident, to help those aching joints, or to get back some energy that you have lost over the years, or because your latest visit to the doctor shows that you have pre-diabetes. Those are all awesome reasons to attempt to lose that unwanted weight that you have packed on.
The following are some of the programs, supplements, exercise programs and DVD’s, that I have personally tried in the past several years.
- 7-Day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
- Beyond Diet
- Eating Well Meal Plans
- Mayo Clinic Diet
- Weight Watchers
- Pritikin Diet
- Atkins Diet
- Paleo Diet
Exercise Programs and Routines:
- 6 Pack Abs
- Beach Body
- Biggest Loser Workouts
- Garage Warrior
- Jillian Michaels Work-Out DVD’s
Weight Loss Food Programs
- Bistro MD
- Jenny Craig
Weight Loss Supplements
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- Green Coffee Bean Extract
- Green Tea Extract
- Raspberry Ketones
- White Kidney Bean Extract
- BIO . X4
- Iaso Herb Detox Tea
- Zantrex Skinny Stix
- HCG Drops and Injections
Over time, I will try to review some of these programs and supplements and you how they did or didn’t work for me.
What Foods to Eat and Which Foods to Avoid
Here are some food suggestions for you to follow on your own. It is hoped that choosing to avoid the foods in the following list and to try to add more of the foods listed in the Foods to Eat, will give you a good start and some basic ideas on how to change your eating habits.
Foods to Avoid
This is a suggested list of foods to avoid. Removing them from your diet should help you achieve your ideal weight in a healthy way.
- Do not consume any highly processed foods.
- Do not use cooking oils with Trans Fats such as oils which are Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated.
- Do not consume sugary soft drinks, ice cream or any fruit juices or cakes, cookies, or candy.
- Do not consume any vegetable oils and high omega-6 like soybean oil, canola oil, safflower oil and cottonseed, sunflower and grape seed oils.
- Do not use artificial sweeteners like aspartame, saccharin and sucralose. Use stevia, a natural plant-based sweetener instead.
Foods to Eat
Try to consume only low-carb foods in your diet.
- Eat lean meats, including lamb, beef, and pork, and of course all poultry.
- Also eat fish, salmon, trout and other white fish and fillets.
- Eggs are always a good source of protein and will keep you fuller longer.
- Eat leafy dark green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, kale, and dark green lettuces.
- Fruits like as apples, oranges, blueberries, strawberries and pears are also good choices.
- Nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and seeds like sunflower seeds can be satisfying.
- Some high-fat dairy items like hard cheeses, butter and yogurt, and cottage cheese are also accept.
- Use oils like coconut oil, butter, olive oil, and cod fish liver oil for healthier choices for cooking oils and salad dressings.
In order to successfully lose weight, you need just the right combination of a personal support team, a plan or direction, and a lot of motivation.
It is my hope that in the following articles and information we can learn together to find the most effective, and the healthiest choice for all of us.
If you have any comments or questions for me, I would happy to help you. Please leave your comments below or leave your email address, and I will personally respond to you with the answers to your questions. If I don’t know the answer I will find out for you.
Thank you very much for having an interest in weight loss. I hope your journey is rewarding and successful.
All the best,